What is UAN?
The universal account number or UAN is a unique identification number provided by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) for all its members who hold the provident fund account number. UAN has made provident fund portable for all the employees.
Supposedly, if you are working for a particular organization and you are contributing your PF through your own PF account. Therefore, you are an EPF account number holder. EPFO can now generate a UAN for you and share it with your employer so that your Member ID for that organization can be linked to your pF account.
Later on if you change your job, the UAN remains the same and all you need to do is ask your new employer to link your present member ID with the UAN. You just need to disclose your UAN to your employer.
Who can register for UAN?
The UAN facility has been made available for the employed and the un-employed like students, or currently not registered under the Employees Provident Fund scheme.
How to generate and activate your UAN?
- Visit this link http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/CitizensServices.php?id=sm16_index .
- Click on the further link – registration for allotment of UAN
- You receive a form asking your personal details, KYC details and so on. Get your photograph and picture scanned online beforehand, as you might need to upload them.
- After you are done with the form, you would receive a confirmation pin in your registered mobile number. Put the pin to activate your UAN online.
- On completion of the activation, you have to create a User-id and a password to login to the portal as a member.
This is for your information that presently the server for this site is not working. So please visit our page for further information regarding the server or you may leave comments. We would be informing you of the updates regarding this site.
UAN Login Online Portal
Any person who holds an account number for the EPF is eligible to receive a UAN. Click this link-
This UAN login link would allow you to login to your EPF account.
UAN ACCOUNT – check status
Now you can easily check your UAN account status sitting at your at just one click away. The newer service has allowed portability of provident fund accounts. Now, one can ensure all the provident fund money in a single account.
To check UAN status – click here
UAN DISSEMINATION (for employers)
- List of the allotted UAN have been made available online under the UAN option in the online transfer claim portal. Visit http://employerclaimstest.epfoservices.in/employer_home.php
- Click on Download List. You get a dialog box. On the right upper corner click “ download pdf”
- The following options are shown-
- The employer is asked to distribute the list among his employees and educate his employees to activate the UAN E-SEWA account.
VERIFICATION OF UAN
The UAN provided by your employer should be verified by the account holder in order to ensure validation of the same. All he needs to do is Log-in to his account with the UAN provided and the member-ID.
To log-in visit https://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/ .
UAN MEMBER E-SEWA
To log on to the the online portal visit –
Advantages of registration-
- Download and print the updated passbook and view balance.
- Download and print your UAN card.
- File and view Transfer Claims
- Update your KYC information
Therefore, to take advantage of these facilities registration is required.
Viewing Transfer Claims
To find the status of your claim that you have submitted in the nearest EPFO office.
- Visit this site http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php
- Click on Detailed help and download the pdf for further reading or,
- Click the next option for which you would need your Establishment code.
- Enter the name of the state from which you belong and the list for establishment codes will be enlisted in a table.
To know which claim forms to submit visit – http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/WhichClaimForm.php
UPDATING KYC DETAILS
After logging in to your UAN account-
- Click on profile
- Every field carries the options that you want to change.
- For updating KYC click on update KYC information
- Make the necessary inputs to update your details.
WITHDRAWAL OF PF ACCOUNT MONEY
Certain rules pertaining to withdrawal of PF account money exist like,
- Withdrawal of only EPF amount fill “form 19 UAN”
- Withdrawal of pension benefit under EPS, fill in form “10C UAN”
- You may call the toll free number 1800 118 005.
- This is the link for the UAN user manual –