Here are the top tips to passing your practical driving test with ease.
- Before booking your test, give yourself plenty of time to practice and get comfortable with driving. Get as much practice in as possible, even if this means driving with someone else other than your driving instructor to get more practice in.
- Get your theory done early! The theory test is easy to pass if you study for it. Get it done as soon as possible so then you don’t have to worry about it or delay your practical. Once you’ve passed your theory you have two years to pass the practical before taking your theory again, so there is no rush.
- In between lessons, think about what went well and what didn’t. This way, you know what to do and what not to do for next time. Hopefully this will eventually increase your confidence too.
- Do a mock driving test. This way you will know what to expect, so when it come to the real thing you will be prepared. Get your instructor to score you and from there you can know where to improve and what to concentrate on.
- If you have the funds, get a small used car for you to practice in and to drive when you pass. Many dealerships, such as Trade Cars and Commercials, sell small, affordable cars for new drivers. A black box will also help reduce insurance costs to make it more affordable.
- When you sit the test, stay calm. I know it’s probably hard to do this, but when we feel stressed our muscles tense up. Muscle tension can cause mistakes and will just make you more flustered. If you can remain calm, you’re bound to perform a lot better.
7. Don’t worry if you fail, rebook the test as soon as possible. Don’t give up! Consider it just extra practice so you can pass next time. Good Luck!