Repairing your credit history yourself is actually surprisingly easier than you might have thought. Well, well, you might be thinking, but how exactly do I start with this?


Let’s go directly to the details with these Steps.


1. If you believe there is inaccurate information contained in your credit score report, inform the consumer reporting company (CRC): Equifax, Experian or TransUnion. Send copies (NOT originals) of documents that support your position

Your letter should clearly classify each item in dispute in your report. State the facts and explain why you are disputing the information.

Request that the information is edited or deleted.

Attach a copy of the report with the disputed items marked with ink; Keep things simple and to the point to avoid possible communication errors.

  1. You must send your letter by certified mail, “Request for return of receipt”.

This will allow you to document what the consumer reporting company now has about you.

Keep all copies of everything in a safe place.

  1. The CRC has to investigate each of the elements in question, usually within a month. Sometimes, a dispute is considered frivolous, in which case they will not make changes or eliminate elements of your report.

To begin, the CRC will send all the disputed data to the information provider that entered this data in your credit report.

Then, this company must investigate and review the relevant details of the dispute and inform the CRC.

If the information is finally considered inaccurate or incomplete, then the CRC must notify all three CRCs so that the information in their file is updated throughout the spectrum.

  1. Once completed, the consumer reporting company (CRC) must mail you the results of the investigation in writing and send you a free and updated version of your credit report so you can ensure that the corrections have been addressed. enough.

In the same email, you will receive a notice with the name, address and telephone number of the information provider.

You can also request that the CRC send details of the corrections made to your credit report to any other person who has received your report in the last 6 months.

For employment purposes, you can send a copy to anyone who has received a copy in the previous two years.

  1. Finally, if this communication does not resolve the dispute, you may request that the CRC include a note of the dispute in your credit report and future reports.

This additional statement can also be sent, at your request, to anyone who has received your report in the recent past. However, there is a fee for this particular service.

Another step

  1. Alternatively, or also, you can inform your creditor or other information providers, in writing, about any item you wish to dispute.

Again, include copies (NOT originals) of the supporting documents you send.

Find the correct address to send this information. Any vendor who reports the item in dispute to a CRC must take into account their difference of opinion.

If the information you reported is false, the information provider may not report it again.

Fixing your credit report using only the above steps is at least a good start to improve your credit report.

I wish you the best and good luck!

For a clutter-free look at some great additional ideas on how to release stress and manage your finances more comfortable.

Don’t delay, do the act immediately for improving your credit score …

If you want to know about which credit card is best to use for grocery shopping.

Then You can read the article Best 5 credit cards for grocery shopping