What is UAN?
The universal account number or UAN is a unique identification number provided by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) for all its members who hold the provident fund account number. UAN has made provident fund portable for all the employees.
Supposedly, if you are working for a particular organization and you are contributing your PF through your own PF account. Therefore, you are an EPF account number holder. EPFO can now generate a UAN for you and share it with your employer so that your Member ID for that organization can be linked to your PF account.
Later on if you change your job, the UAN remains the same and all you need to do is ask your new employer to link your present member ID with the UAN. You just need to disclose your UAN to your employer.
Who can register for UAN?
The UAN facility has been made available for the employed and the un-employed like students, or currently not registered under the Employees Provident Fund scheme.
How to generate and activate your UAN?
- Visit this link http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/CitizensServices.php?id=sm16_index .
- Click on the further link – registration for allotment of UAN
- You receive a form asking your personal details, KYC details and so on. Get your photograph and picture scanned online beforehand, as you might need to upload them.
- After you are done with the form, you would receive a confirmation pin in your registered mobile number. Put the pin to activate your UAN online.
- On completion of the activation, you have to create a User-id and a password to login to the portal as a member.
This is for your information that presently the server for this site is not working. So please visit our page for further information regarding the server or you may leave comments. We would be informing you of the updates regarding this site.
UAN Login Online Portal
Any person who holds an account number for the EPF is eligible to receive a UAN. Click this link-
This UAN login link would allow you to login to your EPF account.
UAN ACCOUNT – check the status
Now you can easily check your UAN account status sitting at your at just one click away. The newer service has allowed portability of provident fund accounts. Now, one can ensure all the provident fund money in a single account.
To check UAN status – click here
https://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/check_uan_status.php or http://www.pfbalancestatus.com/uan-status/
UAN DISSEMINATION (for employers)
- List of the allotted UAN has been made available online under the UAN option in the online transfer claim portal. Visit http://employerclaimstest.epfoservices.in/employer_home.php
- Click on Download List. You get a dialog box. On the right upper corner click “ download pdf”
- The following options are shown-
- The employer is asked to distribute the list among his employees and educate his employees to activate the UAN E-SEWA account.
VERIFICATION OF UAN
The UAN provided by your employer should be verified by the account holder in order to ensure validation of the same. All he needs to do is Log-in to his account with the UAN provided and the member-ID.
To log-in visit https://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/.
UAN MEMBER E-SEWA
To log on to the online portal visit –
Advantages of registration-
- Download and print the updated passbook and view balance.
- Download and print your UAN card.
- File and view Transfer Claims
- Update your KYC information
Therefore, to take advantage of these facilities registration is required.
Viewing Transfer Claims
To find the status of your claim that you have submitted in the nearest EPFO office.
- Visit this site http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php
- Click on Detailed help and download the pdf for further reading or,
- Click the next option for which you would need your Establishment code.
- Enter the name of the state from which you belong and the list for establishment codes will be enlisted in a table.
To know which claim forms to submit visit – http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/WhichClaimForm.php
UPDATING KYC DETAILS
After logging in to your UAN account-
- Click on profile
- Every field carries the options that you want to change.
- For updating KYC click on update KYC information
- Make the necessary inputs to update your details.
WITHDRAWAL OF PF ACCOUNT MONEY
Certain rules pertaining to withdrawal of PF account money exist like,
- Withdrawal of only EPF amount fill “form 19 UAN”
- Withdrawal of pension benefit under EPS fill in the form “10C UAN”
[Link- http://beta.nielit.gov.in/sites/default/files/Shimla/UAN-Based_Form10C.pdf ]
- You may call the toll free number 1800 118 005.
- This is the link for the UAN user manual –
Differences between UAN number and PF Number: Everything that you must know:
Well, Employee Provident fund which is also known as provident fund helps the employee to save money for their future benefit. Here they save some limited amount of money during decide period and also the employer adds the contribution as well. After the employee decides to retire, they get their provident fund with investment which is paid by the company. There are lots of benefits that you get here but again it’s important to understand some points as well.
What do you need to know about UAN Number and PF number?
Previously when the employee decides to change their job, usually they get two options. Either they can withdraw their money or can transfer to the different account. For transferring the account, the employee has to request the employer so they can transfer the account to the new organization where the employee got their job. This one creates a new number every time when you leave your job or switch to another company
UAN number whereas is a solution which also stands for a universal account number, the main idea behind introducing is to save an employee from getting different numbers every time when they change their company. Instead of getting different numbers, UAN is 12 digits number that you get from EPFO.
Here is the list of difference between UAN and PF number: What you should know:
Well, there are a few basic differences that you can know about UAN and PF. Not just that, these differences are also important in order to understand both terms and how things proceed.
- Change in Numbers :
UAN numbers don’t change as it will remain same every time you get a job to other companies. However, things are different with PF number. The PF number changes when you change your job.
- Online accessibility option:
There are options that you will get online so you can access your account via using your UAN number. But when it comes to EPF, there are no such things that you are going to get
- Aadhaar card link option:
UAN number can be linked with the Aadhaar card that you have but EPF doesn’t need that. Also, you can link your Aadhaar card with PF.
- The need of Employer’s signature:
UAN number can be used for a request for withdrawal; however, there is no need of signature that is required of your employer. But you can’t do that with PF number. For requesting a withdrawal, you are going to need the signature of the employer as it is considered as one of the most important things
- Transfer to a new account:
When you change your job due to any reason, you don’t have to transfer the fund to another employer. For that, you just have to give the number of UAN to the employer that you have in your new company and everything will be done. But with PF, you have to do a transfer from your previous old account to the new account that you got in your new company. Also, the process is not that simple as it takes lots of time and creates a hassle for you.
Hey, I am Raj. I am the owner and content publisher at Financenize. I have completed my education till intermediate school and after that turn to a full-time blogger and content writer. I usually share the quality information for the readers in Financenize, which helps the small business, individuals and entrepreneurs and the information I share makes their task more manageable. I am expert in analyzing the current situation and deliver a profitable period to the extent. You can find me on various social media handles online.